The Boyce Technologies 6516U Access Node is a fully integrated ultramodern transit safety and security communications device that extends the vast network connectivity to the edge where transit related devices, sensors and applications function. The Access Node is equipped with fully integrated 802.11N connectivity for wireless edge extension to adjacent nodes.
The Access Node is built to operate in the harshest of environments, while being sleek and unobtrusive with no visible hardware. Its modular design allows for the Access Node to be fully upgradable. All of its subsystems are fully managed with an integrated alarm and control monitoring system. The Access Node delivers connectivity, power, and networks to where they are needed most.
The BTI 6516U Access Node features a battery backup system and intelligent power shedding, control, and supervisory functions for all aspects of power. The Access Node is also equipped with an innovative cooling system that uses a fan module to distribute air through cooling ports, using microprocessor controlled dual and redundant fan assemblies.
6516U Access Node Features
- 500-Watt power supply
- Multipoint door latching system
- NEMA 4X designed chassis and input/output connections
- 8-port ST, 16-port LC, or 8 port SC fiber distribution panel
- CyberLock® controlled access
- Fiber management and clamping system
- Etherwan 78000 series managed and hardened switches
- Quick-connect AC power system
- Integrated wireless MESH Access Point
- Internal AC line filtering and transient protection
- AC power distribution with indication and main circuit protection
- AC utility convenience outlet
- DC power distribution with indication and circuit protection
- Dual PWM fans with thermal feedback speed control
- Integrated UPS controller module and battery pack
- Intrusion, temperature, humidity, dew and fan detection